Parks are a great place for children to get out and play. They can let their imaginations run while also getting in some good movement and exercise, but with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, some parents may feel hesitant about returning to the park. Park officials must respect and follow cleaning protocols to keep the community safe and ease the worry of parents. If you want to know how to clean plastic playground equipment, keep reading below.
Wash the Plastic
The first step in cleaning your plastic playground equipment is to wash the plastic. This first step is basic but necessary to get things such as dirt, dust, rocks, and woodchips off your equipment.
Things you will need:
- Water hose or buckets of water
- Scrub Brush
- Cleaning rag
- Dish soap
Now that you have everything you need, follow these steps:
- Splash water on every piece of plastic equipment in your park.
- Create a solution of dish soap and water in one of your buckets.
- Immerse a scrub brush into your cleaning solution.
- Once your scrub brush is wet enough, begin to scrub away the stains, scuffs, and dirt on your plastic equipment.
- Use your water hose or extra water buckets to splash away the cleaning solution and give it a good rinse.
- Use your cleaning rag to dry up your plastic equipment. This step is optional, but a good tip to prevent outside debris from sticking to your wet surfaces.
Now that your plastic playground equipment is clean, your cleaning regime should not end there. Cleaning off your playground equipment is the bare minimum—you want to be sure you’re taking the extra time to sanitize everything as well, especially during a global pandemic.
Here at Discount Playground Supply, we make the sanitizing process easy for our clients. Not only do we supply commercial playsets, we also offer our playground sanitizer, MaxxClean. Different to other sanitizers and disinfectants, MaxxClean raises the pH levels on surfaces to a level where germs and viruses simply cannot live for up to four weeks.
Be sure to include a sanitizing step when cleaning plastic playground equipment. If you have any questions about MaxxClean or other playground inquiries, give us a call. We’re always happy to help.